Tuesday 21 October 2014

REVIEW: A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

20801166

Author Information: Goodreads || Twitter
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Buy the book: Amazon || B&N
Summary (from Goodreads): 
The creative writing teacher, the delivery guy, the local Starbucks baristas, his best friend, her roommate, and the squirrel in the park all have one thing in common—they believe that Gabe and Lea should get together. Lea and Gabe are in the same creative writing class. They get the same pop culture references, order the same Chinese food, and hang out in the same places. Unfortunately, Lea is reserved, Gabe has issues, and despite their initial mutual crush, it looks like they are never going to work things out.  But somehow even when nothing is going on, something is happening between them, and everyone can see it. Their creative writing teacher pushes them together. The baristas at Starbucks watch their relationship like a TV show. Their bus driver tells his wife about them. The waitress at the diner automatically seats them together. Even the squirrel who lives on the college green believes in their relationship.

Surely Gabe and Lea will figure out that they are meant to be together....
14 POVs. 2 people. 1 fluffy and unique love story. That's what A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall is all about. And believe the title, for it says everything about the plot. It is, in fact, a little something different.

Through 14 pairs of eyes, a story is told. But this is not an ordinary cliche love story. This story is about a reticent girl and a shy boy -- two people who have a billion hearts fluttering around them that neither girl nor boy can see. These people are oblivious to their feelings, which actually makes the story more exciting.

I'm not much of a fan of romantic stories. I told myself that I'm not going to read plenty because maybe I'll become a hopeless romantic. But as soon as I read the summary of A Little Something Different, I made an exception. I read the summary. I searched for the book. I read it. And I fell in love with Gabe, Lea, Inga, the bench, the squirrel, everything!

The plot is unique and fast-paced. Every POV actually makes sense. While reading the book, I actually felt as if I was the one narrating the story and witnessing Gabe and Lea's awkward actions. I can feel every emotion: happiness every time Gabe and Lea converses and misery whenever Gabe or Lea does something stupid. I loved this book. I loved the plot and the cover. I love everything! Applause to you, Sandy Hall, for making a wonderful novel filled with pink and red hearts.

COVER RATING:

PLOT AND STORY FLOW:




No comments:

Post a Comment